Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 48%
Key growth factor(s): the need to reduce the overall organizational IT service cost
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). A provision model in which an organization outsources the equipment used to support operations, including storage, hardware, servers and networking components. The service provider owns the equipment and is responsible for housing, running and maintaining it. The client typically pays on a per-use basis.
Characteristics and components of IaaS include:
• Utility computing service and billing model.
• Automation of administrative tasks.
• Dynamic scaling.
• Desktop virtualization.
• Policy-based services.
• Internet connectivity.
Cloud Services (IaaS)
• IBM Smart Business Cloud Enterprise (IBM)
• Managed Backup Cloud – Fast Protect Online (IBM)
• Managed Backup Cloud – Remote Data Protection (IBM)
• Avnet Virtual Servers On Demand
See how IBM and ETH Zurich use
IBM SmartCloud Enterprise.